Friday, October 9, 2009

Etsy!

Last night I made an Etsy store. I am not planning on going into business in a big way, but I thought I could at least start to feel my way between now and the holidays. I'm going to have to figure out how to do that and school too, though, which is going to be a trick. I'm just going to have to make darn sure it cuts into my free time and not into school. This partly started because I was looking around Etsy for a blog header, and I thought, well, while I'm at it I should probably get an Etsy header too, which meant I had to figure out the name issue, and one thing led to another. I'm not entirely satisfied with my resolution of the name issue, but I'm just going to live with it for the time being and if I come up with something I like better later then I'll think about changing it next year, maybe.

So this will be my Etsy store - although there's nothing there to look at but a placeholder right now:
DeliciousBeadsByMel.etsy.com
It's sort of a clunky name, but DeliciousBeads and DeliciousJewelry were both taken (although neither one is an active store), and I sort of wanted to stick with the "delicious" name. I think I had actually checked on that last year when I started this blog, too, but I didn't try to reserve the name back then - maybe I should have! I even checked registered trademarks last night, and I'm in the clear on that, too.

(I thought about posting the picture of the Etsy header I bought, but since it's eventually going to be the blog header too, in a modified form, I'll let it be a surprise.)

No comments: