Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Halloween fun

I went in the book store earlier, and I saw some fun Halloween crafty things:

Witch Craft: Wicked Accessories, Creepy-Cute Toys, Magical Treats, and More!


Ruby slippers!

Also, has everybody seen the Martha Stewart thing? It doesn't show up as a book on Amazon, so I can't link it, but I've seen it on a couple of newstands already -- it's called "Halloween Handbook: the best of Martha Stewart." (Oh my, even after all these years, I am still secretly a librarian - I automatically switch to lowercase for a subtitle, which is an LC cataloging rule, or at least it used to be!)

- aha, here it is:
Martha Stewart Halloween Handbook Special Collectors Edition 2010

I didn't recognize Martha right away!







Oh, and there's also this one: Zombie Felties: How to Raise 16 Gruesome Felt Creatures from the Undead

This is one of those crafts I'd never get around to doing, but if it's your thing, they're pretty adorable!


When I checked out at the book store (I bought the Martha Stewart thing, I couldn't resist), the cashier made a random comment that it still felt early for the holiday stuff to be coming out, or something to that effect. I don't feel like it's especially early for Halloween stuff, though, do you? I feel like after Labor Day it's fair game. I don't really want to see Christmas stuff out yet, though, unless it's at Hobby Lobby or someplace. I figure you have to start early on craft things if you're going to do them and stay sane.

No comments: