Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Quilted autumn leaves


quilted autumn leaves
Originally uploaded by Mellicious
It's fall - even here on the Gulf, the nighttime temps have dropped quite a lot - and I just happened to notice this picture of my beloved fall leaf quilt, which apparently made Flickr's 'interesting' page briefly back when I first posted it. (Here is the finished version: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mellicious/140829643)

I had been planning on making a fall-themed quilt for several years, and I had quite a stash of fall fabrics. But I went absolutely crazy with the 3" paper-pieced leaves, and I ended up begging bits of fabric at the retreat I was at while I was working on these blocks. I know my mother and my aunt both contributed, and I think I few other people too. It's still not anything resembling a charm quilt - there are definitely repeats, but it does have a nice variety of fabrics.

Now I need to go find this quilt and get it out for the season.

No comments: