Monday, October 4, 2010

Scrap Box Bracelet

Here is a partial shot of the bracelet I made in my BeadFest Texas class:


The class was excellent, and I actually got my bracelet finished, which is amazing (although I may go back and redo the jump-rings, because while they look great, they are a little large for normal use. By which I mostly mean that they seem prone to catch on things.) Anyway, I duly pounded on metal and used various kinds of rivets and cold connections, and I am very happy and tired and I enjoyed my class immensely. Kim St. Jean was the teacher; she has a book coming out after Christmas, I believe they said.

(I'm not kidding about being tired. I hope this is moderately coherent.)

Kim's book:
Mixed Metal Mania: Solder, rivet, hammer, and wire exceptional jewelry


(Or you can also order it from her website, I believe: http://kimstjean.com/ )

No comments: