Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lampwork

I bought some little spacer beads from Amy Houston recently, and I really love these beads. They're about 6mm wide, so they're not super tiny. (I'm guessing it's not easy to make lampwork beads much smaller than this, though!)

This is one of the sets I got. I love these colors.

(I also wish I could take pictures as good as hers!)

Anyway, I decided I like these so much that I did my first-ever Alchemy request on Etsy, so I can get more of these and pick my own colors. Even with a bigger quantity, it's hard to narrow it down, but I'm working on it. I want every color, darnit!

--------------------------------------------------------


Not to keep harping on things Amazon, but I am really eyeing the new lower-cost Kindle. $139? That's a lot more tempting than the old version was. (It's not currently in stock, but they say it will be in a few weeks. Which is probably faster than you could get an iPad right now!) The $189 version with bigger screen and free 3G also sounds pretty tasty. (That's this: Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite, 3G Works Globally - Latest Generation)

No comments: