Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mixed Media

I don't think I really want to go and open my own store, but I was thinking in a daydreamy sort of way that I would like to open a store that was not quite a bead store and not quite a scrapbook store, but sort of a combination of both, and maybe more. I keep wanting to play with mixed media kinds of things and I know I'm not the only one, so I guess that's what I'm thinking of, a mixed media store! I don't think there's anything like that around here. Wouldn't that be fun? I don't think that I have the right personality to be a store owner, or I'd be a little more tempted to really do it. (Or if I thought my sister and I could do it together without killing each other!)

1 comment:

Cathryn said...

I get the day-dreamy act of sometimes thinking about owning a bead store. I think about hosting beading parties at the store, where customers who join the party get a discount on the beads and materials. I think about hosting Bead Designers every month and seminars. Then I think about the expense, the hiring and firing processes, all the tax forms and business forms and the expense and the shaky economy and the daydream evaporates like mist!
:D