Friday, November 13, 2009

Adding to the stash

I'm planning on going to the Houston Bead Society show tomorrow. I should probably hide my credit card beforehand. (I'll report back on that.)

I went to Hobby Lobby today, primarily to get another spool of copper wire to finish my ornament with. Other than that, I really restrained myself pretty well. Their Vintaj stuff was on sale, but I really didn't see anything I wanted immediately. I bought a few odds and ends of other things - some clear FireLine to use in the class I'm taking Saturday, for example - but nothing else major. I had some FireLine, but what I had was smoke-colored, and I suspect I'm going to want the clear. We're doing these donut things that use Swarovski bicones and Delicas. Which is unlike me to want to do, really, but the class samples were really cute. I keep saying I don't "do" seed beads - and I certainly think it's true that I'm never going to be a serious beadweaver or anything like that, but still, I keep dipping my toes in from time to time. And I don't think that's a bad thing.

Oh, I got a little package in the mail from Winchell Clay Works - I got another pair of little clay rounds (like the ones at the bottom of this entry, except blue) and also she was doing some destashing and I picked up some sterling chain that I really like, and a strand of sodalite beads. (Sooner or later I ought to do some destashing of my own. Except I'm not so good about letting go of things, as I talked about yesterday!)

No comments: