Saturday, November 7, 2009

In my non-beading life...

It may be November, but it's not really what you'd call cold yet, here on the Texas coast. I haven't even put on a sweater yet, although I have been grabbing an extra throw when I go to bed. (It doesn't help that my husband keeps turning the a/c back on every time he gets hot.) We've had lovely weather the last few days but apparently we're supposed to be getting rain next.

In other non-jewelry news, I finally got my WoW character to level 80! This is a big deal. We - my friend Col and I, that is - have been playing WoW off and on for a year and a half, now (we took some time off to play LOTRO for a while). We were trying to finish Northrend by next week when our memberships run out, but I think we're going to give in and pay for one more month, rather than rush through the endgame. I feel all leet and stuff, though, which is not a feeling I'm used to. There are plenty of people in WoW who would laugh at that idea, though, level 80 or not - I can't be 'leet because we don't raid and thus don't have the fancy gear that you get from raiding. But I could care less about that, really.

I went to Tuesday Morning earlier, and I found a jewelry kit meant for kids with the papers and stuff to make rolled paper beads, which is something I've been meaning to try, so I bought it. (The kit retailed for $16.99, which I would not have paid, but for $6.99? heck yes.) I will report back on the results.

And because it's not an entry without a picture, here's the earrings I made from clay rounds I bought at Winchell Clayworks:

No comments: